Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sunny days and dance parties



Rachael and I love dance parties! Really who doesn't love dance parties? ( for those of you shaking your head can you honestly say you've never had the slight inclination to get up and dance at one moment or another? Rachael and I simply act on it). Its one of the many reasons I love living with my sister - the freedom to be absolutely silly among other good things. It also gives me the freedom to be grumpy and hibernate as I have done this week in an attempt to study. By God's good grace, lots of your prayers and Rachael's patience, the week has ended so much better than it began. My homework is complete and turned in and I have the weekend to study and prepare for the next round of class.

Sunshine on the park blocks makes it impossible to not fall a little more in love with this city. People have asked me how I put up with the rain in Oregon. After the last few days I can easily say its worth it to be here in the summer. Its been a perfect 70 degrees with a breeze, clear skies and no humidity. The roses are out in force and between that and the greenery it is its own slice of heaven here. I think the rain makes people all the more appreciative of the sunshine and in fact I've come to love the rain a bit in and of itself, as it has become a constant friend in the last few months.



My time in NC was refreshing and also tiring. I was up early and out late and it was absolutely worth it. What an amazing reminder of the love and support. I am blessed beyond measure. Being back at church of the apostles was a reminder of what home and church community is like and it made me grateful, thankful and more determined to invest more deeply in our church here.

Besides surviving biochem, Gig is here for a visit! Hoooray. Should see her sometime next week. Rach has started a new job that she loves and is back to cooking all sorts of goodies. We have fallen into a routine that I enjoy much more than the discombobulated late schedule we had at the beginning of our move. We both get up early - she heads to work, I head to the gym. I come back and study and get work done before heading to class. While she is at work I hit up the library until the evening and then we have dinner together, catch up on the day and in the case of tonight an amazing and a eclectic ( in terms of musical choice) dance party.

Really what more can a girl ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment