Saturday, February 6, 2010

!

"The nice thing about Portland is that it rises into hills, and they're the most livable hills you ever saw. Thousands of people live up there in fine houses, among trees, looking hundreds of feet down onto the city."
-- Home Country Ernie Pyle

Monday we are moving to Portland. Things haven't quite worked out as we expected but all in all still a blessing. We found an amazing apartment on Park avenue ( Sounds all NYC or Monopoly fabulous). However the previous residents had lived there for thirty years and the owner wants to renovate the entire apartment before we move in. It is going to be even more fabulous then it already is when they are finished, but it means we can't move in for another two or three weeks. Our building manager is super nice and he agreed to let us move into an empty smaller study for two weeks while we wait for our apartment to be finished. So for the time being we are only taking ourselves, our clothes a desk and a chair to our temporary apartment.

Being home has been really good. Time with family and lots of movies. I feel as if I am in some strange vacation limbo since I do not have a job yet and my days have consisted of school applications, eating, going to the gym and games.

I am excited to be settled in Portland, put my nose to the grindstone to find a job and explore my new home. Rachael has been accepted in the yoga program she was excited about and received a scholarship for it (fantastic!!!)

I am missing friends, and the regularity of a job and church family. We shall see where this goes...

I remain Hopeful!

No comments:

Post a Comment