Thursday, January 14, 2010

Lady's and Gents it's 2010 and I could be Arrested



" Parting is such sweet sorrow."~ Romeo


Wow guys it is 2010. I don't even know what to say.. But here goes. I'm sad to be leaving Aunt Noni and Unlce Jim's. I think I could stay here for a couple months and just relax, write, paint and explore the land. If I don't know what I am doing by next fall I may have to go and live in MT for a few months followed by east texas.

I woke up and Autumn is vigorously going through national parks books. i feel like such a bum. i relaly haven't planned where we are going out all! I'd much rather just hit the road, stop wherever and whenever we want to. Iit's a good thing I ahev Autumn to balance me out and give us a semi-plan; Otherwise I'm sure we would be lost.. and miss out on some amazing stuff. (*my favorite room)


Aunt Noni is cookign away- john and eva are coming over for a new years day brunch. Aunt Noni is making this amazing egg braid thing.. recipe will be in the recipe section.. Trust it was amazing. I don't think anyone realized what time it was, because John and Eva were coming over at 10 and 5 minutes before they arrived nothing had been put inthe oven.. cut us some slack though, we were up until midnight. (* this is part of the sunroom.. i love this room. super relaxing and happy with all the sunlight)


Eva and john arrived and they had bought us the poppy table cloth we liked at the antique store in downtown lufkin as a late christmas gift. They are adorable. I love texans. SO glad we have family here! After eating an amazing brunch of egg braid, sausage balls, hasbrowns, some kind of mexiacn breakfast casserole, fruit and coffee.. it was time to pack up and say good bye. (* Aunt noni collects tea pots. how cute! we will have to find unique ones to send her.)


We are always asking "where did all the gentlemen go?" And we've found that most of them were in the last generation, and the one before them. I really hope men in my generation, and my little brothers are looking back to mimic these guys, because otherwise we are lost. We're packing up and Uncle jim just pops the hood of the neon up and starts checking the oil and our other fluids, and then John joins him and they are checking our air pressure and such. it's so nice to be looked after. After everything was inspected we all got pictures together and hugged and kissed everyone good bye. Again, I was sad to go, but super excited about seeing carmen and Ashley and getting a little closer to oregon. (* my aunt noni painted this. i come from a line of painter. hopefully i will become one myself.)

















And- for all those family members reading this we are planning a Metzger-Miles family reunion for Thanksgiving 2010. Be there or be square. Aunt Noni and Uncle Jim's house. It will be fabu.





Of course when we have just turned out of the driveway I realize I have forgotten my coat.. really it was just an excuse to run in and hug everyone again. Popped in one of Helen's awesome mixes to get to Houston. "On the road again.."





Good bye Miles residence. We will miss you so.

No comments:

Post a Comment