Thursday, January 14, 2010

Katy, Texas with the Coopers



"Hello my name is Thelma and this here is my friend, Louise."

We hate driving in Houston! AHHHH- And Tolls stink. Driving to houston i was made aware that there could be a warrant out for my arrest. Wonderful. I immediately pulled off on the next exit so Autumn could drive. Apparently, I missed my december court date in Oregon, that i thought was in January, and my failure to appear in court could now get me arrested...Scary, but also thrilling.


Also, called dad's lawyers only to find out their services no longer cover Autumn and I, because she is old, and I am a college dropout. Just icing on the cake. So please be in prayer about this for us. I don't want Audi to have to drive the whole way, because I'm freaking out about driving, and I don't really know what I should do about the ticket. I am thinking i will just appear in court myself.( i recieved a speeding ticket over thanksgiving break, through a speed trap outside of woodburn.. literally it changes for 5 minutes from 65 to 6o and after i got pulled over it changed back to 65 within 2 minutes. it was frustrating to get pulled over in a beat up neon going 71 when other cars are flying by me.. but it's the end of the month what can they do right?)


We arrived at Carmen and Ben Coopers and it is so nice! It has been so great to catch up with so many friends and family. it's weird to think we haven't seen Carmen and Ash since I was about to go into middle school I think, but that we have known them since I was in preschool. How time flys. it was a super relaxing evening-- total girls night. We snacked, caught up on life,had peach daquris and watched "something new". We felt so bad for Ashley though, becasue she had to get up at like 5 am or before to go to work. Oh and I forgot to mention, she has the tiniest little puppy- it is so adoreable, named Asha. I think it is a yorkie of some type, and is white as snow .

Getting to catch up with Ash was so good, and hard to hear how work and just life in general is going. It seems like twenties really are a place that can make or break you if you let them. SO much indecision and wondering.. We are just confused. I don't have it figured out by any means, but a book that has helped alot is " twentysomethings" by Margaret feinberg. Totally backs up and encourages with scripture the whole twenty somethings dilhemma. I can't wait to read some more of her books. I still don't know what my calling is, or who God made me to be, but I'm not stressing it. I'll get there in good time and for now just enjoy what i'm doing today.

The next morning I didn't get up until noon. I don't know what my problem is. Normally iam just an 8-10 hour sleeper.. I've been like a 11 plus hour sleeper on this trip. it's insane. Autumn has been good about getting up for the most part- she has to work on forever long med school essays... glad to not be in her shoes. Not being able to go to hot yoga or cycle or go to the gym has been weird, so we decide to go out for a walk. it feels great to walk in the sunshine. We took Asha with us but she only lasted a few blocks, before we had to take her back and go out on our own. Nothing else really eventful for the day, just went to target- always great and best buy with carmen. I got a new camera! Super excited!!! I got a Nikon and I can't wait to take pictures with it in new mexico and at the grand canyon.I really want to take some photography classes at PSU while we are there, and really just play around with it so that maybe I can get some photo gigs. It would be so much fun to photograph weddings on the side... Anyone know of anyone in oregon getting married? I want to build up a portfolio.. aka photography for free.

Said bye to ben and carmen when we got back. Glad we got to meet Ben, he seems like such a gentle giant and a good husband. It's great to see Carmen so happy. On our way to Cousin Lisa's.. and we are excited. We remember hearing Dad talk about cousin Lisa, and the convo being good, but also grandma and Aunt Noni talking about cousin lisa, and the hilarious terror stories. Apparently she stayed a summer with gma jeanine and the boys and that experience made gma jeanine swear she would never have girls- it was just too stressful and scary and hard!LOL.So out for now..adventures with cousin lisa and the pavlocks to come. ( *I am a failure. I got like no pics of ashley and asha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment