Monday, December 28, 2009

Road trip Tennessee to Alabama


" I travel alot; I hate feeling my life disrupted by routine"


Wow. Christmas has come and gone. We had such a good time with everyone. I don't feel like we did much anything but relax around and eat.. where did the time go?

Christmas Eve we went to 5 o'clock service at Christ Community Church in Franklin and it was packed. As we walked in the door, we were like " man, wouldn't it be awesome if every Sunday was like this?" and without missing a beat, the woman behind us replied " Amen!" The praise and worship was amazing, but it's to be expected we're in singing country being only 30 minutes from nashville. After celebrating Jesus B-day with the church, we headed home to have a chili dinner.. which of course included Uncle Tim's amazing angel biscuits. After dinner everyone got to open one gift and Amanda made matt open hers, because we all wanted to watch his gift; she got him Jim Gaffigan.. hilarious

" You know who's a happy camper? The guy leaving the camping sight, he gets to shower.. lol"
" I probably wouldn't be so scared if I wasn't sleeping in a bag."
"play dead? Who came up with that? The bears! Play dead, roll yourself in honey and scoot on a large white plate."
" The bear's like great performance, but i', hungry and he looks like a burrito."

"Ever get in a hammock with someone else? Cuz you better be dating um. looks like your making a family."

"We never want sleep to end. Thats why there's the snooze bar. Nothing like starting off the day with a little procrastination. As my first decision of the day.. i will go back to sleep."

I could go on and on and on... lol.. we were dying.. look it up on you tube!

The next morning we got up and opened presents.. and Autumn and I had so many! We were so surprised, Tim and Tracie had even gotten us our own stockings filled with tons of awesomeness.. they are so sweet.

Then, not to mention food again, but I have to because Tim's breakfast casserole was so good! We all hung around some more and then Amanda and I made a target run to get the 500 days of summer Cd and movie... we were in the middle of transferring almost all her music to my computer ( really she gave me like 300 some songs) when we realized she didn't have that one cd lol. and that only her and I had seen the movie, which was a crime, thus are need to make a target run.

Target, great as always. We got our stuff and left. As we were driving home we realized we had forgotten to get my uncle a big storage tub like he had asked and wait a sec.. what is this vest I'm wearing with the tags that I didn't pay for?? I just shoplifted! I had been looking at puffy vests and tried one on and left it on debating the purchase whilst we browsed the store and just completely forgot I had it on. The woman at the register looked uuber confused when I took it off in front of her and said i had come back inside to pay for it. Luckily no sirens or anything went off as i walked out the door, I already have one possible warrant out for my arrest..that story later.


Then after we watched 500 days of summer we headed over to see sherlock holmes.. I loved it-------------------------------------------------->>

Then we had A BIG christmas dinner.. ham.. sweet potatoes, regular potatoes aunt tracie's special style. yum yum yum

SO I mis-posted but am not tech savy enough to change it.. but target mishap and 500 days of summer was the 26th, and then Amanda and I made some sweet pizza. recipe's in post under yummy recipes. try them.. rate them!


The 27th Our family headed over to East TN..so autumn and I got up and went to church... I was so tired.. i bobble headed the whole service...then we met Erica back at the house.. yay!
It was so good to see you ERICA! She brought our christmas gift - snuggie (well the intention of one, we will get one soon) to wear as we enter each statem,some great camping gear and fun games to play in the car, and not to forget, her beautiful school picture for us to put in our dashboard.



We have such amazing friends and family. Thank you to all of you who have already taken us in! We truly enjoyed our time with you. To those we will see soon, thank you in advance and we are excited to see you.

We amazingly enough left Franklin, TN only an hour and a half later than we intended ( a vast improvement from about 4-6 hours late) Who knows maybe by the time we leave Texas we will be on time.



Arrived last night in Huntsville, AL to stay with Kendall and Kurt and the baby bump also knowns as the up and coming baby anderson( so excited to meet you in July little gummy). Really had a good time getting to visit them and see their new home. This morning is beautiful and Huntsville seems to be a good place to live, unfortunately we don't have time to explore it more. We are getting on the road in the next few minutes to head to Garrison, TX to see our true Texan Aunt Nonie. Can't wait for the " shuugs" (as in sugar) and BIG texas hospitality. Its a ten hour drive so we are stopping in Vicksburg Mississippi for lunch and walking a bit. We may try The tamale Place...what's a tamale?


<<------Erin gamble this is for you. we are the same. i miss you friend
Love to all of you reading.

ps. Our family has still not bothered to check this blog, though we sent them the link for Christmas - either that or they are messing with us until we blurt it out! We won't cave:)Miss you in NC, TN and MT - See you soon OR.

6 comments:

  1. Shout out Chicas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A&R: Enjoyed spending Christmas with you! Loved the painting, Rach. Be safe and have fun.
    Love, Tim and Tracie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christian (AKA BIG DADDY C)(AKA noodle)(AKA cooler than you two gals)December 28, 2009 at 1:35 PM

    well i am looking at your little blog thing rach and audi, just an FYI ;]

    and i forget to look sometimes so text me updates cuz you know that i always have my phone!

    also.... if you dont want mom and dad to know that you r going to come and live here then why r u wanting them to read the blog? it most def gives it away lol

    dont sleep in rest stops, they have creepers and bumms just... just saying=]

    ps. stevie says hi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried. Talked to your mom and suggested she would really enjoy it. :P I really think you should mooch a spot on our couch on your way up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you are getting a Snuggie. My mom got one for our dog, Lilly, for Christmas. Rather hilarious. Blessings in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey no pictures with me, but i am ever present with you on the road trip, watching your speed! ;) i hope you find a snuggie soon! ill be heading down the slopes tomorrow, i just got to denver today!

    ReplyDelete