Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Home again Home again



So Vacation has flown by. I came here thinking I had booked the trip too long, and here it is already over. This has been a great visit. Not perfect, because nothing ever is, but so many good things. My grandparents came over from Montana, we got to hang out with Tasha on multiple occasions. More than once our whole family got together, mixing mom and dad's sides of the family and there was no drama or fighting.. miracle. HUge Blessing. I think time does fly when you are having a good time.



Today we went to POrtland, and we didn't want to leave Christian at home, because we wanted to hang out, so we told him the big secret. It was fun to have him ask us repeatedly, " Are you moving to Portland, Does this mean you are moving to Portland, Well are you???" Once we got to Portland we realized the car was overheating, and had to quickly park. We went and toured 5 apartments, and it took us all afternoon. Fortunately we found two that we really love, the park terrace apartments, and the cumberland apts. Park Plaza would be next on our list and we didn't even get a chance to check out the Hawthorne district; we ran out of time. So the plan is to just check while we are near the end of our road trip what is available, and if nothing else go back right when we get here the end of January and check out the Hawthorne district and then just go with what's available that week. We'll see.

Autumn was super excited about exploring Portland today, and I was too, but still had the knot of fear, because I love my friends in Raleigh. Not that we aren't going to be friends, but it's not the same long distance. I think it's different for Autumn and I because most of her friends have started moving into new stages in their life, serious relationships, marriage, new jobs and babies and my friends for the most part haven't. We are just getting to start digging into each others lives for good, and thats hard to pull away from. I know it is going to be great though, and it will be what we make of it, and what we are trusting in the Lord to make of it. My life has already been an adventure so far that seems to keep getting better, so I have no reason to doubt the future will be different. I am getting super excite doubt making a place my own, which i haven't done in a while, and rooming with Autumn which we have never been able to do officially. But I most excited about our road trip. It is coming up so fast, and we still don't have some details panned out. Christmas in TN is going to be awesome and even better now, because I think Erica is coming with us.

I can't wait to send mom and dad a post card for Christmas that we are moving back. Mom was so sad when we were decorating the Christmas tree tonight, because we were leaving tomorrow and woudn't be here for Christmas, and she never knows when we will visit. I feel a little mean, but the surprise is totally worth it. I wish I had more time with gma and gpa though. I can't wait to go to MT for YWAM at some point, or just to go write in a cabin in the woods ( aka: grandparents house).

We just got done having AB Chinese and watching 4 Christmas's all together and I am zonked. Have to get up early so I can have coffee with mom and dad and say bye to Jackser and pack, and get all my pictures and stories off of the old computer we brought for Jacks.... such a procrastinator. I feel like I have gotten nothing done and have a million things to do when I get back. So with that said good nigh.. until next time.

Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment