Monday, October 12, 2009

prep...prep...prep

"Idealism is difficult to maintain in the climate of the modern medical system." - med school is hell website

I am so back and forth about medical school. I have spent a big chunk of the last few weeks working on my medical school apps - somedays I am so excited. I am going to use any gifts the Lord has given me to practically care for people and I love school, four + years sound great. And other days I wonder if I will be bored to death with the politics, mundane tasks and insurance issues I see frequently from working in a doctor's office.

Being in a small room with with lots of time to think most of the day (since I am doing diagnostic testing essentially in a dark cubicle) I have lots of quiet time to myself.Somedays it's great - I pray, I relax, I chat with patients. Other days I have cabin fever and I rethink my budget, make 98 to-do lists and today I attempted to guess and plan how much Rach and I would spend to make it across the country. That of course leads to the fact that I need to finish all my apps before we leave, that Rach and I need to find jobs and an apartment etc. Sometimes this is exciting, sometimes overwheling.

At least one thing has been constant. Our road trip is going to be amazing and I cannot wait.

SUPER EXCITING NEWS! Gig told me today that her, BB and Kt-bug are going to try and make it out in March to see us! So excited. When we first decided to move back I didn't consider the fact people might come and visit. Now I am so stoked about showing them a new place and getting some amazing time with them after being away for a few months.

So need to go to bed, Should not have had caffinated coffee with Gig at 10:00pm. So worth the conversation however...

We Road trip in 71 Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment