Saturday, October 3, 2009

the early blog addictions

" God loves me a BARGE" - Courtney Seigler
So we have not even left on our travels yet and I can see how easily this blog will be addicting. It could quickly become georgia style with the wonderful internet technology of our cell phones so that there are posts at 8:05 am of - "Driving", followed by another post at 8:09am - " still driving". No matter what we will have fun with it. Rach is headed off on a Italian jaunt here shortly and will hopefully update us via this blog. I am jealous, but only slightly because I really want to see Ireland, Scottland and England.
On a completely different note I have begun telling friends we are headed west and have started the ardious task of selling what little furniture I have and getting rid of clothes I wear infrequently. Part of it is really freeing and its a good reminder of how much stuff I accumulate and simply don't need. Other parts are harder because it makes our move more concrete, more real and it means letting go of things, such as my amazingly beautiful desk, that I have a sentimental attachment to. My friends have been amazing and so supportive. God knew exactly what he was doing in bring all of our individual personalities, dreams and quirks together and I couldn't ask for better friends. There is so much securty in that because I know no matter how far I go, or where they end up in life we will always be friends because Christ is the center and ultimate foundation. Our relationships may change but they won't disappear because our center is secure - We are sisters in Christ, Were family:)
Getting excited to see my baby brothers, who are not so little anymore and friends we haven't see in years. Today I talked to Carmen - who happens to be Ashley's mother, who happens to be my best friend from first grade who we will be vsiting on the trip. They live in Texas, which I have never been to and its going to be a riot to see them again. Ashley came and spent time with us every summer from second grade to 7th grade!
So welcome now to my ramblings, if you continue following this blog my random, thought wandering will become more familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment